I provide highly personalised one-to-one software training and more generalised software training for groups of two or more.
To local people, I can provide training face-to-face, or I can provide training to more far-flung people using Zoom (or Microsoft Teams).
What I teach
Beginners – confidence building
- Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Powerpoint
- Apple Mac OS X, Apple Pages, Apple Numbers and Apple Key Note
- Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides
- Photo manipulation on Microsoft Photos or GIMP
- anything else
Intermediate / Advanced
How I teach
I’ve had experience of bad teachers (especially my Dad teaching me to drive!), so know that patience needs to be a big part of a tutor’s skill set.
- First I make an initial plan for a lesson from Client suggested topics, but this is not written in stone
- Questions inevitably surface as we go through the lesson, and we can go off on a tangent. This is not a problem for me.
- If possible I will try to provide you with a guidance document to reinforce what we’ve covered on the lesson – it’s hard for students to remember everything.
If there’s anything else on computers that you’d like to know, please get in touch!